Kyoto Aquarium will extend its open hours until 9pm only from November 22nd – 24th (It usually closes at 17:00).
If planning to come to Kyoto this weekend and wondering where to go at night, this can be perfect location (2000 yen/adult, 1500 yen/high school student, 1000 yen/mid & elementary school student, 600 yen/6 years and older).
In addition to extending the operating hours, Kyoto Aquarium will have a night dolphin show at 19:30. This will be considered the highlight, therefore it is better to get in a line at least 30 minutes before the show starts. Also, the backstage of the dolphin show will be open to the public for the first time. There are several restrictions to consider.
1. It will be canceled if it rains.
2. It is open from 17:00 – 20:30 except for the preparation period for the show from 19:30.
3. People wearing high-heels and sandals are not allowed.
4. Taking pictures is not allowed.
5. Only 3 years and older can join.
6. Carrying a child in your arms is not allowed.
Additionally, a special drink, the Kyoto Pickle Cocktail, will be on the menu at the cafe space.
To get to the Aquarium, it is possible to walk from Kyoto Station (about 20 mins). To take the bus, get on Line 205, 206, 208 or 33 and get off at Shichijo Omiya/Kyoto Suizokukan Mae (220 yen for adult/110 yen for child).